Saturday, September 19, 2009

Last weekend of Summer


Good Morning everyone! Hope you all had a nice Friday evening. I enjoyed a cookout with steaks and all the fixings and went "worm hunting" with my boys. It was so nice to be feeling better and get out and about =)

These past two weeks have had me down but its allowed me a lot of quiet time. Much needed rest and quiet time I might add. Sometimes we get so busy with life that we forget to slow down and enjoy the little things.

I came across this quote last night and I've really been thinking how true it is.

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." -Ghandi

What a simple truth. Yet for me I can't always get the three lined up together. I'm a mind wanderer. Always thinking and sometimes its not about where I am or what I'm saying. My preacher said Sunday "Be where you are.". That stuck with me. A lot of times I am physically somewhere but my mind is a million miles away.

So my thoughts today are focusing on lining those three things up. Forgetting about what's happening in the future and what has happened in the past and trying to focus on each day and each moment and living it to the fullest and the happiest! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment